Saturday, March 24, 2012

Taming the Beast

I've decided to get my finances under control. The title of this blog post is Taming the Beast and the beast ladies and gentleman...is me. I overspend, overindulge, and over consume in almost every aspect of my life. And quite frankly, I'm over it. In one week I turn 36 and I've decided to take the next four years and do some serious achieving. Here are my goals in general...as time goes on I will identify what's long term, short term and even micro term meaning a weekly or maybe monthly goal.

1. Drastically reduce my food bill and improve my health through diet by losing weight.
2. Save an emergency fund...not sure how many months I plan to save for yet
3. Cut unnecessary costs by evaluating monthly expenditures
4. Build a professional wardrobe without breaking the bank
5. Buy a house
6. Start a side business for additional cash flow
7. Furnish my home to make it as nice as possible but do so in a thrifty manner
8. Pay no fees - do what needs to be done to avoid late or convenience fees
9. Graduate with my bachelor's degree in business by December of 2012
10. Graduate with my MBA by 2016
11. Earn a full time salary position at work (currently in a temp salary position although I have a regular hourly position waiting for me when my assignment is over in September)
12. Take care of costly dental work

Over the next week or so I plan to solidify my goals and I will share that information here. If you're looking for someone to tell you how to save I'm not your girl...if you want to join me on this journey and learn with me....let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment