Thursday, April 12, 2012

Good News and Bad News

So the bad news is that since I started this blog in mid-march I have failed pretty miserably at most of my goals. The good news is...I haven't given up. My emergency fund savings is probably going to be at zero by the end of this pay period though. I overspent in three major categories in the past week - eating out, gifts, and clothing. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to make that up in the next pay period. Unfortunately my next paycheck is the one my May rent has to be paid out of so that one will be a little tight. I've also increased my tax withholdings so I won't have to pay next year -wah, wah, wah.

As for my "pantry" raid - I am pretty much back on track. I had 2 whole grain waffles with light syrup and a glass of milk for breakfast - this saved me the $5 I normally spend on breakfast in our work cafeteria. Unfortunately eating at 7:30 a.m. at home versus 9:00 a.m. at my desk meant I was starving by 11:00. I had a Campbell's Soup at Hand on my desk so I had that for a quick snack - only 80 calories, 2 grams of sugar, and 11 carbs!! Not a bad choice for a snack! As for lunch I brought some chili that I made a couple of weeks ago and froze. Then I remembered I agreed to have lunch with a friend today. I put the chili in the fridge for tomorrow. I took out pork chops from the freezer for dinner so my only expenditures for today are:

1. Iced tea from the caf - $1.08
2. Gas - $20.00
3. Lunch - not sure yet but I hope to keep it cheap!!!

How are you doing with your 2012 goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment